Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Currently

Loving: too many things to mention in detail so here's the cliff notes version - Logan taking naps; being more productive; my ability to bake last minute; the weather; Weet-Bix; sewing a button on a cardigan; my Mum's Group; babies with no pants on...

Reading: Save Our Sleep. I started Logan on a dreamfeed at my cousin's suggestion but it didn't work out he was waking up twice after it and both times I had to feed him. So I went back to reading SOS after hating it for many months and decided to try the 9 month routine which doesn't include the dreamfeed any more. I never understood how I could get him on a schedule but he seems to be doing well with it and by keeping him up a bit longer he seems to be having longer naps. Now he only wakes up once during the night which is GREAT!!!

Watching: Supernatural and Grey's Anatomy I used to watch them all the time and have only just started to get back into both of them. It's nice to have relax time with hubby whilst watching Supernatural and to have some downtime during the day watching Grey's.

Thinking about: Halloween costumes and birthday parties. I think I will be going with a milk & cookies theme but am still trying to decide between that and a make a wish party. I think I might just incorporate the latter because I want people to write a birthday wish for Logan. Halloween costumes are a bit trickier I like the idea of making a ghost onesie because his Dad showed up in a sheet for my Halloween party when we first started dating but that seems a bit boring for what may be his one and only Halloween experience!

Anticipating: Boxing - it's my new love and this is the last class I have before I have to take Logan for 4 weeks in a row :(

Working on: Trying to be more productive at home I really could get so much more done if I just got off this damn iPad! For example it took me over 9 months to dare start the vacuum while Logan was asleep and it didn't wake him up so NO MORE EXCUSES!

Wishing: Logan would fall back asleep he's only been napping for 30 minutes - not good :(

Proud of: sewing a button back on a cardigan - lame I know but it's the little things right?

idea from Sometimes Sweet

 

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to read SOS. I hope it keeps working for you. I'm glad you mentioned supernatural I'm going to put it on the list of things to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated it in the beginning, she says it's harder if the child is over 12 months but still sample routines are offered in the book. I love Supernatural I get to perve on Jensen Ackles and Hubby doesn't mind haha.

      Delete
  2. SOS is a good guide.
    I in no way follow it strictly, but use as a guide to set the routine that works for us.
    People love it and people hate it.
    It had great merit and must be pretty good! Tizzy has become famous from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it has been a good (very recent) guide for me. I think it puts a bit too much on new parents to start with because it isn't always possible to put them on a schedule.

      Delete
  3. Oh I wasn't interested in SOS at all but then a couple of girls in my mum's group started talking about it and I realised that Sienna's rhythm's were very similiar to her routines so I had a look. Couldn't believe it!!! So while I don't follow her stuff to a tee, her routines really work well for Sienna and a lot of her recommendations/ hands on advice about keeping them warm at night with bamboo blankets and long sleeved onsies/ food purees with finger food etc have really worked for Sienna. We do a nice combination of continuum concept and SOS - weird but it works:) Glad your little Logan is only waking once a night - so much better when you get a bit of sleep right? (although my girl has woken me tonight and I can't get back to sleep!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the continuum concept will have to check that out. It does feel better with more sleep and he's sleeping in a bit longer in the mornings too YAY! But Hubby is feeling messed up getting a full nights sleep now poor guy haha it's funny how that happens.

      Delete