Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baby Shower



Last Sunday it was my Baby Shower, after trying to sort out an appropriate date where all my important ladies could be there it was finally happening.

My wonderful uni girlfriends threw the Shower for me and Mum's fiance was kind enough to give us free run of the house. The food was amazing, we had mini scones (I think I probably ate the most of them), mini cheese scrolls that you can barely see in the bottom left hand corner, little sandwhiches, raspberry cheesecake brownies, Baby Pecan cupcakes, mini gingerbread man, mini coffee cupcakes...it was all sooooooo good. Two of the girls are excellent bakers but as one of the two is more crafty she did the decorations (including gorgeous pinwheels which I took for the Nursery and little colourful onesies that everyone wrote messages on) and the other was a non-stop baking goddess! The third girl organised all the games including a skulling water from a baby bottle, she learnt lots including that there are different sizes for bottle nipples and that next time she does that game she won't get the newborn size haha. I was very spoilt!

Pecan got lots of books and a few other goodies (including a much needed car shade!) and it was so sweet to read people's comments in the books they chose to give and the reasons why. Two of the more 'recent' Mums there, a family friend and my cousin (who is also newly pregnant for the second time) recommended the Save our Sleep book. I'm loving reading it but I'm really not sure that I want to be so restricted by baby (especially with the 7pm go to bed time) does anyone else have any advice or routine recommendations? I think I will wind up being more of a go with the flow kind of parent and if that doesn't work then maybe turn to the whole strict routine thing!

It's hard to believe how close to the finish line we are now! Any advice or recommendations for the weeks (or days) leading up to birth and those first couple of weeks with a new baby would be more than welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Have you started cooking and freezing some meals? I doubt you will have much time to cook in the first few weeks and will tire of take away.
    Best of luck for the weeks ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are too cute! Simple advice, relax and rest! You will be very busy when the baby first comes, not only with all things baby but think of all the visitors aswell, and just try to have as much prepared as possible beforehand so you don't have to worry about it after. Good luck my dear, I'm excited for you!
    http://beingmama.com/
    http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the cupcakes looked divine! Pinwheels would look cute in the nursery too. I got the same book at my baby shower but heard so many bad things about it, I was close to just storing it away. But then I came to learn that Lily was the kind of baby that loved routine so the example routines in that book was good for her. I personally didn't like the 'leave the baby to cry' methods so chose not to do that.

    Other recommendations is to definitely freeze meals even if your husband is a great cook because you are going to want to spend every second with your baby rather than in the kitchen. Also during the first two months your baby will be wanting to be fed a lot (growth spurts etc) so you are going to be so tired.

    And remember to take lots of photos and try to treasure even the hardest moments because they grow so quickly. You will literally seem them change after a nap. It's amazing. Exciting times ahead for you!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete