Thursday, October 27, 2011

DiY & Get Things Done Day



 Lookie what I made! They turned out smaller than what I thought but now I have to figure out how to add a little hanging tag to them and people can use them as 'candy' stockings. So far I've only done 3 (and need to do at least 7 more) one for Hubby (the cockatoo one because he loves them), one for Pecan (the reverse of Hubby's) and one for someone I'm not sure who yet. I've gotten the hang of it and I should be able to pound them all out now before Bubs arrives.

I might even make some more for my side of the family. They came in at roughly $3 each to make with my Spotlight discount and I just used fat quarters of Christmas fabric which was surprisingly on special. If anyone is interested in how to make these stockings visit: Diary of a Quilter.

Yesterday I also forced myself out of the house to lodge my Centrelink forms (so glad I don't work there anymore!), get the car washed (I'm never washing my own car again, I suck at it!) and do some Christmas shopping. It was easy although I am looking forward to having a pram to store stuff in and I really should have stolen a trolley from somewhere so I could have made so much needed bigger purchases! But still I actually had fun even though I was completely by myself and it wasn't too overwhelming. This is not a good sign for our future bank balance over the coming year...

Also I do have lots of bump photos which I've added to my Bun in the Oven page (just underneath the header) go and check them out.I still don't feel huge and definitely don't look it either but I'm measuring to date so that's all that matters!


Now off to Ikea so that I can get to organising our upstairs bathroom and maybe finally finish cleaning it...dum de dum.

1 comment:

  1. You Crafty Minx! The stockings look rad! Very festive! I can't believe it's time to start thinking about Xmas already!!!

    ReplyDelete