Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday Sunshine and Laughs

Saturday was dedicated to picnics, baking, sunshine and laughs with a little bit of 'must-do' food shopping thrown into the mix as well as a short dog walk (gotta get my steps up for the Global Corporate Challenge as this is our beat your personal best weekend!).
After finishing our food shop I hurriedly started to bake using a yummy sounding recipe I found via: Chocolatesuze (anything with super easy in the title is a winner for me and I'll be posting the recipe on my food blog). Plus they were CHEESE muffins and because Hubby hates cheese I never get a chance to really cook with it :( Luckily my uni girlfriends love cheese and they were a big hit (although would have tasted better hot out of the oven slathered with butter!). We gorged ourselves on home made treats with yummy Old English scones, delicious mini-quiches (probably not on the list of recommended eating for pregnant people but YUMMO) and the most amazing macaroons (we were telling my buddy she should try out for MasterChef her baking skills are amazing and I know she and my scone making friend are both Baking Whizzes who would love nothing better than to open a little shop).

I ate too much and I think Pecan was battling my food baby because I didn't feel too good after that, probably not the best thing to do (gorge on food) after fasting on Friday for the second glucose test (more on that in my later Bonding with Bubs post). It was funny because I kept doing pathetic yoga poses trying to get comfortable but nothing other than walking/rocking worked (thanks basketball belly) but at least I look pregnant and not like some crazy person...

So after we'd gossiped and stuffed our faces full of food we all trundled back to my friend's house and then made our ways back home. I think I collapsed on the couch for all of 5 minutes before taking the dog for a walk. I figured I needed it after all that food but I was still so uncomfortable that it was only a short walk (which was annoying and not conducive to an increased step count, fingers crossed for a big hike today).



Then after feeling sorry for myself and lazing about on the couch Hubby and I went to see Josh Thomas' new show 'Everything Ever'. Now, I'm not a fan of the Australian 'game-show' like show he's a part of on TV (Talkin' About Your Generation) but I do like his sense of humour. After seeing Dylan Moran live last month and being slightly disappointed I didn't go in with high hopes for Josh but I was laughing the entire time! I don't know if it's because he's in my age demographic or because he's a dinky di Australian (or just because he was poking fun at his life so much) but I really enjoyed the show. The Q & A bit at the end was stupid (too many idiot young people trying to be funny and asking Harry Potter questions!) but I can see that it would have worked in other situations. I definitely recommend going to see him if you ever get the chance but be prepared for a very politically incorrect show. As we were driving home I told Hubby we'd have to go again next time he's in town but that we'd need a babysitter...Hubby said it was crazy how we were now having to think of things like that and it really is but in a super awesome way :)

1 comment:

  1. Your muffins look delicious.
    I do enjoy Josh Thomas he's a fluffy duckling which contrasts the things that he says.
    I've been trying to figure out how to go see Eddie Izzard but we don't have babysitters here so maybe next time he tours.

    ReplyDelete