Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bonding with Bubs - Week 28







Size: approximately 38cm and weighing around 1kg.

What's Pecan Up To: getting fat! About time too seeing as this Mama is putting on weight like there's no tomorrow; fingernails are appearing and Pecan can now turn his/her head towards light.

Symptoms: another leg cramp so I don't think they're going to be one off's (BOO!); I think I may be having the start of Braxton Hicks but not really sure it's just like uncomfortable period pain and has only happened once so far.

Cravings: Fruit juice, strawberries

Keep that away from me: chicken

Weight: Still sitting around the 80kg mark
 
Feelings: Excited, it's finally 3rd trimester WOO HOO! Also today I had a completely unknown little toddler grab hold of my leg like a koala to help him get off the ground - I can't wait until our own little koala enters the world.

Random: I failed the first glucose test :( it was the week of honey sandwhiches which didn't help but I was exactly on the border which pissed me off. So this meant I had to do the full on glucose test. They said to fast from 10pm but seriously who eats at 10pm so I wound up fasting from 7.30pm - first lot of blood taken at 8.30am (along with sugar drink sucked down) then next lot at 9.30am and then at around 10am I felt like fainting and apparently turned really white. Luckily Mum had offered to come with me and she and the nurses got me on a LazyBoy (those things are so ugly but so damn comfortable!) for the last 30mins before my final bloods were taken. I also forgot to mention that the first lot of bloods the nurse (who did it because the student didn't feel confident) couldn't get at my vein until the 3rd go :( So now I look like a junkie but at least that's proof I needed the Friday off work. Now to wait for the results and cross fingers and toes that it doesn't come back positive for Gestational Diabetes!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reaching the third trimester! Sorry that you didn't 'pass' the glucose test though...lets hope the results come back and all is good.

    At the time I hated my third trimester, but looking back I think it was my favourite as I remember how excited I felt knowing I'll meet my baby very soon. It really isn't long now for you too!

    ReplyDelete