Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Uni

I think one of the biggest complaints I had about uni was the admin side of things and the stupid red tape they had. Sadly it only seems to get worse the longer you're in your degree - we almost didn't graduate ours because they introduced a new compulsory unit. I got very good at arguing with our Psychology department!

Unfortunately it hit Hubby with a big BANG about two weeks ago. He was so excited to get his second last semester marks (this is his EIGHT YEAR) only to be shocked to receive a supplementary for his thesis project. It has been a horrible past two weeks in our house because of this, with him trying to figure out what went wrong (and getting no response) and just the general stress that that bought on. So he handed everything in and re-did his oral presentation yesterday and today uncovered that the person who marked it (who was finally back from holidays) reckons that someone entered his mark in wrong! So he shouldn't have had to re-submit anything. Hopefully he'll finally get this sorted on Thursday and he'll wind up not having his course average destroyed.

GRRR I am so angry on his behalf that I've been wanting to call the uni myself and blast them. It's looking like his Supervisor has been very lazy and dodgy as well which doesn't help matters (in fact he outright lied to Hubby about having not marked his project!). I cannot wait until uni is behind us and I definitely wouldn't be opposed if our kids chose to pursue a job that didn't involve university!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy, as if doing a thesis wasn't stressful enough on it's own. Hope it gets sorted swiftly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare. Why are universities so difficult?? My sister is having such a hard time with marking disputes so she has extended her honours as a result. I hope things work out quickly and you can put all this behind you.

    ReplyDelete