Saturday, June 18, 2011

Letter of the Day: M


So today was a day of pampering and baby/mum-to-be shopping (and now my bank account is angry!). I finally got to use a ScoopOn I bought for the Aveda hair studio in Subi and my split ends have GONE.

The salon is pretty tiny and it was super busy when I arrived (I waited for over 15mins and they set me up in the chair and just left me alone which was pretty off putting). After the wait my colourist told me that he'd still be another 10 minutes but asked what type of colour I wanted and I told him I'd like something with a bit of red but honestly he could do what he wanted (I get like that after I haven't done anything to my hair in awhile). He did an amazing job for a guy that had only just turned 17 the day before! I was super impressed and it's just so warm but still very natural looking which is highly unusual for me. The hair cut was also awesome, unfortunately I didn't go too crazy because I still wanted to be able to tie my hair up. So without further adieu I present to you my 'mum' hair cut ha-ha:

Granted you can't really tell the colour but I love how retro that photo looks (PS: taking a photo of your own face, especially trying to get in all your hair is really tough).

And for people interested in my previous hair colours/hair dos:

Oh cocktails how I miss you!
On our honeymoon

Marie-Antoinette
Bali Hair (yes bogan me can't resist) honouring Hubby's Danish-ness
My gorgeous sister and I at Christmas after I got engaged

My next hair stop will be at an awesome hair salon in Perth (Wildilocks) known for their alternative do's. I'm very excited, I was going to get it done in November for my baby shower but looks like with everyone's holidays we'll have to move it to August :( Still I might stick with November for cool hair when I become a new Mamma.

And for the other M of the day I finally got some maternity bras and damn if they're not the ugliest things I've seen! But so comfy. I got scared when she said no underwire, probably TMI, but with my boobs I'm so used to it that I freaked out they wouldn't work. Thankfully they are sooo comfy and seeing as I've always had big boobs I'm all about comfort over pretty little things.

So that was my day (as well as seeing my little sister's new home that her boyfriend just bought) and tomorrow is set to be even better with a birthday lunch for one of my uni friends and going to watch Bridesmaids.

2 comments:

  1. New do is lovely! Very funny I went to the hairdreser on the weekend as well - not such a big fan of mine though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice how you took the "M" from the logo of my blog - how on earth did you find that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete