Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What the future holds

Well for us the near future involves another good house clean literally from top to bottom. We are both hopeless at keeping on top of it and I seem to create clutter whereever I go. So a cleaning weekend it will be, other than the yummy belated birthday breakfast I have planned for Sunday. Hubby is finally free of assignments for a little while so I'll have a little help around the house.

I've been getting a bit bored with work lately, the same old thing over and over again, and I don't think it helps knowing there's an 'end' date (aka parental leave date) in sight. I can't wait for them to hire another person on because at least then I'll have a helping hand and get to do a bit of training.

Apologies for the disjointed-ness of this post every paragraph is kind of dedicated to 'the future'.

Hubby has changed his mind and now agrees with me that Pecan will be a boy. I can't deny that I did try and tell by the scans but I'm really trying to keep it a secret from me & everyone else! I really don't care either way as long as he/she is healthy and has my hair line (receding hairlines are predominant in his family) ha-ha. I can picture either a rough and tumble little boy playing with our dog or a little girl pushing him around in a pram and both tug at my heart-strings.

The other future is finally going on holidays over East and just eating ourselves merry. I really hope I have a cute bump by then so I can do silly tourist photos (if the weather permits). 

But now the present beckons and we have to walk the dog before family dinner (with SHOCK HORROR the whole family). My MiL finally realises they're not going to work - she pissed me off when she said this because she said she was tired of people constantly cancelling and I said we've only done it once but she acted like we were as bad as the others who constantly don't show up. Oh well I'll never agree with her over that kind of stuff! And at least she's a nice MiL and not someone I could make a sitcom about.

3 comments:

  1. Well I don't even speak to my inlaws...
    And still haven't heard a thing from them since the Mister gave them the news that we are expecting... (That was over 15 weeks ago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks Sammie! But sometimes it's necessary, what silly people though missing out on celebrating their beautiful granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Grr it didn't post my reply comment).

    That really sucks Sammie! How could anyone pass up the chance to be part of something so amazing :(

    ReplyDelete