Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where to stay in Sydney?

A quick question for anyone who lives in Sydney/has been there...any hotel recommendations and if not what area should we stay in? I don't want to be forking out heaps of money to get to all the fun touristy places so we'd like to be staying in the thick of things (not night clubs because hopefully I'll be 'bump'-ridden by then!).

One place we did find was at the Rocks called The Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel. Is the Rocks an ok place to stay? Haha I'm so unaware it's not funny!

2 comments:

  1. The Rocks is the true heart of the touristy part of Sydney. Lord Nelson is a popular pub....no idea what it is like to stay at. It could be noisy
    There is a hotel on George St which is kinda cute and good if you are on a budget. I haven't stayed there but did walk around and check it out.
    The Rocks is central for the touristy things like Opera House, Harbour Bridge but then the restuarants also are 100% touristy. Cafe life is better around Paddington, Bondi.
    Very random suggestions but hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited Sydney I ended up staying in a serviced apartment in Sydney I wasn't sure at first but in the end it def worked out for the best! Hope you managed to find somewhere in the end :)

    ReplyDelete