Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mrs Sometimes Gardener

On Saturday (before a wonderful afternoon tea with my niece & nephew and siblings-in-law) we started preparing for finally fixing up the garden. Mum had made it exactly the way she wanted and then left and, even though we have the same taste in things I hated half the stuff she'd put in. We grabbed some herbs from Dawsons along with some plants, a hanging basket and potting mix. They were left outside until we came back from a yummy breakfast (I highly recommend InContro but getting the yummy food takes FOREVER, it's good for footy player spotting though!). On the way there we'd seen a Swapmeet that I'd kept wanting to go too and we finally got to go after returning from breakfast. There was so much crap there but it was fun to poke around and look at everything. Also on sale were heaps of plants (silly us should not have bought anything at Dawsons everything at the swapmeet was half price) and we came away with herbs (sage, lemon mint & basil), a guava tree and some cool pink spiky flower plant. I also bumped into an old boss as we were leaving, it's funny because everyone who hasn't seen me in ages keeps commenting on my hair. I always think it's because it's blonder now but it's actually because it's gotten quite long (still not the length I want it at but nothing to sniff at either!)

So we now have two mini herb gardens and a garden which is more OURS than BORROWED.

Does anyone know what this plant is?

No comments:

Post a Comment