Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Health Month

Surely I can dedicate 28 days to being healthy right?

Right! So I've put in place some steps to get my butt into gear. I was doing another blog search and stumbled across Sarah Wilson's (aka former host of Master Chef) blog. What first drew me in was that Sarah had announced she was quitting sugar. I was really keen to start this as I'd done something similar in my last year at high school. After trying to find some books for cheap, I realised that I definitely don't want to give up sugar with our splurge trip to Sydney and Melbourne (Zumbo here I come). Afterwards though (and especially when I start my family) I want to cut out on the sugary sweets.

Instead I have signed up to participate in FebFast! Zero alcohol for the month of February to "to help reduce alcohol and other drug related harms amongst young Australians."
I'm aiming to raise $500 and already our awesome Best Man has donated $100. So if you would like to donate (and it would be greatly appreciated) please do so via my FebFast website.

On top of participating in FebFast I have also signed up for a lose weight club at work. I can't remember the exact name but I think it's something along the lines of the Flabbies Fiasco. My co-workers have a warped sense of humour. I'm looking forward to it even though I don't really need to lose weight (according to the BMI I'm in the normal range). But I would love to have a flat stomach and if we do decide to get pregnant learning to be healthy before hand is a great thing. Although it will probably mean I won't win the Flabbies prize at the end because I'll be putting on weight (ha-ha).

So hopefully February will be the month I lose that little bit extra I want to get rid of. Is anyone else starting a health revolution this month?

1 comment:

  1. I have baby weight to lose :(
    Not sure how much because I havent been brave enough to hop on the scales.
    But I'm not quite ready to start a revolution... Figured it took 9 months to gain it, so will give myself a bit of time to lose it. Definitely want to be back to my pre-preggo weight by the end of the yar.

    ReplyDelete