Friday, February 4, 2011

End of the week

Bring on the naps!


Finally I can have a little break, granted only 2 days, but at this point it feels like heaven. Work has been insanely busy but I love it and this week has been nice because my 'Employee of the Month' award is up and everyone keeps congratulating me.

This weekend we're having our niece & nephew over (along with their parents of course). I'm planning on making yummy (hopefully) coconut ice cakes and the Hubby bought his favourite chocolate milk. I think cold drinks will be in order, I'm a bit scared if they ask for coffee because even though we have an awesome coffee machine I can't make anything fancy with it. It's funny what scares me I just feel silly for not having the confidence to make them coffee and how stupid is that!

I can't wait to see my little kids, they are both just too damn cute, although I have to admit that my nephew is a lot more fun that the new bub. It must be something to do with her being a premmie because I was looking at photos of him at the same age and he was just so much more happy and didn't mind who held him (except for Hubby's little sis for some odd reason).

I got a call from my Mum today and finally she has my wedding dress back. Although she's now blackmailing me and won't let me have it unless I come and see her. So I blackmailed her right back and we scored a free Sunday dinner out of it. Hopefully we'll even get to go horse riding on Sunday afternoon. I bought us 2 $19 trail rides and have to use them soon because horse riding whilst pregnant is a big NO NO and we all know that I'm planning on (hopefully) getting knocked up at the end of Feb.

Lately I've been going back and forth between getting pregnant. Even though work is so intense at the moment I'm still really enjoying it and I'm not sure that I want to give it up. On my way home I always drive past this day care centre and I was actually contemplating working 1 day a week after having a baby. I don't want to become a SAHM for the rest of  my life (there is nothing wrong with that at all it just doesn't suit me) and coming from a human resource background I keep thinking how it won't look good on my resume if I don't work for ages. That and I will go stir crazy I need to get out of the house and keep my brain active - I know I'd just hide behind my baby if I didn't have something I had to do outside the house. But I'm not even there yet so that is just something floating in my head at the moment.

The other reason I'm second guessing myself is money, it would be great to be earning lots of moolah with both of us working. But then we both think about the reality of that and how little time we might have with each other (we've never both worked full-time at the same time). But I know noone is ever ready for a baby so we're just going to try and see what the universe has in store for us.

I hope everyone else has lots of fun this weekend. Yippee for Friday!

2 comments:

  1. If you really want to plan to get pregnant ASAP I suggest talking to your doctor about ovulation tracking.
    We tried for about 6 months before giving this a shot and 'wham bam, thankyou mam' I was UTD.
    Its pretty easy, you just track your cycle (which you most probably are already doing) but you have blood tests at either your doc or a fertility clinic and they will call you and say "its time to get to it!" (not in those exact words...)
    Good luck, but dont put too much preasure on yourself... Things take time and it will happen when its supposed to.
    *I think I'm allowed to say that because we didnt fall pregnant straight away ;-) I did hate it though when people that fell pregnant first or second go said that to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sammie :)

    I think we're just going to see what happens. Whilst I'd love to immediately fall pregnant I'm not too concerned if it doesn't happen in that window because I keep changing my mind every 5 seconds.

    We'll just wait and see which is scary enough in itself!

    ReplyDelete