Monday, January 31, 2011

Suggestions from the East Side

Does anyone over in Sydney & Melbourne have any recommendations for this to do around the end of June?

We're trying to book into Quay (Guava egg on Master Chef!) so fingers crossed we can get in. A bit of an early celebration for our 1 year anniversary!

So any suggestions for fun things to do would be great! Especially restaurant recommendations.

Yes 2 posts in 1 day (I'm kind of bored) but Manu is on the telly *drool* I love a french accent!

4 comments:

  1. I went to Pier (Sydney) a few years ago, which was very good (Quay was fully booked). I was a bit hesitant because my husband doesn't like seafood but he loved this because it wasn't your standard seafood like you get in Perth (e.g. huge lobster, fried calamari etc) but very modern (e.g. molecular gastronomy) with very delicate flavours that I haven't tasted since!

    With Melbourne I got spoilt and was taken to Vue De Monde but if that isn't in your price range, you should definitely check out MoVida for great spanish tapas.

    I also had really good food at bars. It's been a few years so I hope these recommendations are still current (help me out Melb ppl!), Gingerboy, Supperclub, and Cookie.

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Vue De Monde looks amazing! This is definitely going to be my blow out holiday before baby :)

    Thanks for the recs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cafe Sydney is lovely and the view from the outside tables is divine!
    Climb he SHB if you havent! It's really cool.
    The zoo is beautiful.
    You could come to Balmain and see Adriano Zumbo's and have some macaroons too!!! Its a quick bus or ferry ride from the city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Hubby and I definitely have big sweet tooths so Balmain here we come :)

    ReplyDelete