Friday, January 28, 2011

Mr Postman

Ok, I have to admit that I don't know whether our postman is actually a postman or postmistress (or whatever the appropriate title is these days) but I love the treats they bring. The best part though is forgetting that you're expecting something and then getting a sweet message from Hubby telling me a package had arrived from Japan.

You may remember my previous post in which this present was featured. Now I've received it and I love it. The only downside is that it only comfortably fits my iphone so long as it's sans-cover. But, it's just way too cute for me to care! And I got some cute little stickers packed in there with it :)

heydayhandmade

And on a side note relevant to the above photo how awesome is the iphone app Instagram - I highly recommend it and it's free so that's always awesome! (Also what is the easiest way to transfer your iphone photos to your computer?)

In other news life is doing what life does best lots of little ups and downs. Hubby and I almost had our first full-on fight. More from my side than his. We were having friends over from Australia Day and ever since we moved in (months ago now) I'd been asking Hubby to unpack all the boxes in his office. I got home on Tuesday afternoon and everything upstairs was a mess. I was so upset but didn't say anything just kept saying that we'd have so much stuff to do tomorrow (he sadly didn't get the hint). I decided not to go all fire breathing dragon and ruin Australia Day and just held my tongue. But a the next day I bought up why I was so annoyed. It probably doesn't help that we both have different views on clean but it's just been niggling at me. It's hard when the societal roles are reversed with me being the full-time worker and him studying/not doing anything this summer. 

The amazing thing about all that yuckiness was that I approached the situation in a totally different light than what I would have (even a year ago). Gone are the days when I would have automatically flown off the handle. Hopefully that will hold me in good stead for becoming a Mum.

3 comments:

  1. Those little things can definitely build up to the point of causing arguments. It sounds like you handled things really well though! It takes time but those fights eventually stop. Imagine how different our disagreements will be when we have been married for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even begin to think about how different our disagreements will be then! Especially if we have teenagers by then...a VERY scary thought haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute covers - I want one now too!

    Men generally have a very different outlook to cleaniness. However my friend is married to a guy who is totally OCD about cleaning - she isn't even allowed to go to the kichen - and even though that might sound ideal (no need to cook), she has no freedom to make even a cup of tea without him nagging and wiping up after her!

    So we should be thankful we have er normal guys as husband? ;-)

    ReplyDelete