Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Yummies



I'm going to cheat a bit here and just put a link to the amazing roast pork that I made.


I made a few adjustments at step 3 I removed the roast after 10minutes and then left the potatoes, apples and onions in there for a bit longer. I also didn't use spring onions I just used a small brown onion - which completely burnt but was so good. I kept that in there whilst making the gravy and Mum loved it.

It was the first time I made a true Sunday Roast - the apples and burnt to a crisp onions provided a nice twist. I'm so glad I didn't cheat with the gravy (aka buy a pack of ready-made) and made it from scratch with the recipe. It was so yummy! I couldn't get over how amazing the meal was that I'd made, I was really impressed with myself and so was Hubby and Mum. I'm slowly becoming a good cook and I can't wait until the day I can replace good with great!

PS: Yes I realise I've been cheating a bit with none of this really being made on Monday but oh well

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, packet gravy just cannot compare to the ones made with pan juices from scratch. Mmmm... roast! Y'know, I'm never made one.

    Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for The Stylish Blogger Award, cos I'm really glad I discovered your lovely blog :) Check out http://kikichaos.com/daily-life/stylish-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete