Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Yummies

So back to it! I'll try and make this a weekly thing because I do love cooking.

Today, even though it's way too hot & humid, I'm making a beef stroganoff pot roast with my wonderful slow cooker.

I've adapted it from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. By another Jessica so hopefully that will stand me in good stead.

Ingredients
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 can water
  • Generous dash of paprika
  • Pack of french onion soup
  • 1tsp minced garlic
  • 1tbsp worctershire sauce
  • 1 chopped onion
  • Generous dash of pepper
  • Splash of Nando's peri peri hot sauce (cheaper than tabasco but not as hot which is a bummer)
  • Beef blade roast (not the best cut of meat but it's slow cooker worthy)
  • 1 beef stock cube
  • 1/2 cup philly cream
  • Half a small tub of sour cream
I pretty much dumped everything in and then added the meat. I'll add the philly cream and sour cream just before serving. Not sure yet whether I'll serve it with rice, pasta or mashed potato I'll just wait and see what we feel like tonight.

I will take a photo and let you all know how it turns out ;)

UPDATE



Ok so this doesn't look appealing but it was SO yummy. I added peas at the very end because I wanted to be somewhat healthy. We had it with rice and it soaked up the sauce really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment