Sunday, January 30, 2011

Grey's Anatamathon

When I was at uni with my wonderful 'Team Awesome' we used to have long lazy days watching Grey's Anatomy and today I find myself doing the same thing. Terrible I know but I dedicated this weekend to being my lazy weekend! The heat isn't really inspiring me to do anything either which sucks, I really want to get out there and be physical but maybe later. Although later we're planning on going to the outdoor cinema (provided the stupid non-existent cyclone doesn't hit) to watch Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. It looks scary and it's foreign so that's two huge ticks for me. I love the fact that Hubby comes from Denmark because he loves watching foreign movies and I've watched so many awesome Danish movies because of him.

Last night we had family dinner with the in-laws including Hubby's brother and his little family. My nephew is so adorable and I think it's really the first time that I've heard him call me Jess (hopefully I become Aunty Jess at some point). We also saw our little niece who is now a little over a month old and boy is she cranky! Pretty much crying non-stop unless her Mummy was rocking her or holding her. She's gotten so much bigger though and her legs are starting to get a little bit more chunky! Hubby was funny though as we were driving there he said he was more looking forward to seeing his nephew than the new baby. I thought that was cute but silly but now I share his point of view playing with a kid that loves you is so much more fun that holding a baby that wants to scream her lungs out because her Mum has let her go.

After everyone had gone I sat outside and had a huge chat with the MiL. It was nice for a change surprisingly although I swear she has the WORST memory. I told her a couple of months ago we were wanting a baby at the end of this year and then I told her that again last night. She was really happy but shocked because it was coming up so soon. I guess that is a bit scary because it definitely is right around the corner but it's exciting too. We're sticking by our whatever is meant to happen will happen :) I truly think that's the best philosophy to have especially if potential 'knock us on our butt' moments are coming up.

It was strange because I bought up adopting a child. I think because I asked if the others were contemplating having any more children (she doesn't think so but seeing as they were both surprises who knows!). Then MiL asked how many children we wanted and I said hopefully 4 and maybe one of them to be adopted. Immediately I realised I shouldn't have said that, she was really against it and only pro it if you couldn't have children. I could sort of see where she was coming from and it's not something I'm definite about but it's always been a possibilty at the back of my mind. But it's something I/we need to research and I was happy when Hubby said he still was interested in the idea. So it was a great night which totally caught me by surprise because I usually don't enjoy myself when I'm up there.

I hope 2011 is the year of good surprises :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for 2011! It is going to be a great year!
    Hope you enjoying the baby making ;-)
    And remember, practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to know what you are talking about Sammie ;-)

    I've always dreamt of 'adopting' but I know the process is very difficult as some of my friends have gone through it but after waiting so long they miraculously fell pregnant. But it was a nightmare 3 years.

    4 kids will be nice but I'm not sure if I can handle being pregnant 3+ times!

    ReplyDelete