Sunday, January 23, 2011

Disjointed Post - Whoops!

I want to get back into writing! I get so inspired reading everyone's blogs on a daily basis (for shame I am a blog addict). As I said in the 7 things about me I've always wanted to write a novel. According to the man who knows all (AKA my sister-in-law's boyfriend) he thinks it must be pretty easy to get published because so many more people read at the moment. I don't know that I agree with this, I think you still have to write something special to get it out there. Maybe not fantastic to just get published but definitely special to be well-read. So fingers crossed I get to live this dream...but maybe it isn't fingers crossed - maybe it's something that I just need to work at and I'll succeed.

Today was such a fantastic Sunday. I got a great sleep-in after working all day on Saturday, lunch at Pink Zulu (highly recommended and $10 cocktails Tuesday and Sunday). I ate the yummiest salad I've had in ages - perfectly spiced and it had oranges, pomegrante, chickpeas, beetroot and rocket soooooooo yummy and it wasn't too expensive either. Then a lazy afternoon reading and then off to dinner with my university girlfriends in Leederville at a yummy Vietnamese restaurant. All in all a totally awesome Sunday (I wish I could say weekend but work took care of Saturday - boo!).

I hope everyone had/has an amazing Sunday.  And on the other note: I'm looking forward to starting to work towards my dream. I guess in a way my blogging is helping me do this. So here's to taking baby steps to reaching a dream :)

2 comments:

  1. That salad sounds awesome. I haven't checked out Pink Zulu yet, must go one day with my gf's.

    Was that Vietnamese restaurant called 'Anna's' by any chance? I haven't been there in ages!

    Good luck on pursuing your dream! I know quite a few bloggers who have published books but have used their blogs to network and to establish themselves. So you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was opposite the Leedy/the Garden but don't think it was called Anna's. Definitely check out Pink Zulu!

    ReplyDelete