Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the season...to blow the electricity bill!

So I've officially gone insane over Christmas. Today we bought multi-coloured lights for our balcony (they look so pretty!), hanging clear lights for our back patio and a waddling/singing reindeer to annoy the dog!

The only thing we need now is a wreath but I'm not too sure about that because we have a metal gate right in front of our door and I don't think it would work. Plus I'm running out of money and still have more presents to buy.

I'm not doing well with keeping Hubby's presents a secret either. So far he's seen his decoration and today he picked out the two photos of Perth that he wanted (one of the sky-line at night and the other of the City Beach groyne or whatever it's called). So whatever I buy him next has to be kept hush-hush. I'm thinking of getting him an Exercise ball and painting it with silly things - he's suggested an exercise ball to me but that's just too boring for my liking! And he needs to have some sort of surprise. I'm stumped for anything else though, Wii games are just too $$$ and I'm still not sure I want to buy him a bird! Why is it so hard to buy for your favourite person in the world!?

In AWESOME news our house is now rented which means soon we can quit paying rent to a complete stranger and start paying it to my Mum. That's a very nice Christmas present to receive - even if I had to ask for it, the agent wouldn't have bothered to tell me no doubt! Except I asked if we could advertise it in the paper! And in even more awesome news Hubby has an interview for a summer intership WOO HOO After getting stuffed around by a big mining company with a crappy recruitment system (being in recruitment myself I want to throttle them for treating him and others that way!) he's got a face to face interview with another company. I hope it goes well, less for the money and more for his self esteem!

Tomorrow is my work Christmas party and I'm really excited...free dress, great company, free food and drinks and only half a day of work YIPPEE! I couldn't ask for a more awesome place to work I really feel like this year and the next will be MY year and the following year will be Hubby's because he'll finally be finished with his studies.

In other news Europe has been taken off the table, we realised that I wouldn't have enough annual leave by that point nor would we have enough money :( So now I'm leaving it up to the Mr to decide where he wants to go in Australia to celebrate his last year of university. We'll both definitely deserve a break by July.

No comments:

Post a Comment