Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Spoilt

The Hubby definitely spoilt me today. I got white gold & diamond earrings (yay for discounted sales) to accompany my engagement ring & wedding band. And he half cleaned the house as well! It's my happy end of 2010 present apparently.

We're off to family dinner tonight sans family with all his sibilings otherwise occupied. We were going to visit our niece beforehand but even though she has been breastfeeding well she was vomitting this afternoon and they asked for no visitors. I just hope that they can both relax (as much as is possible) I guess it helps that she is their second child so everything isn't coming at them from left field. 

I was so excited to announce it at work but didn't realise that it would then lead to the question of 'so when are you going to start popping them out?'. Don't people realise that employers hate hearing the p-word! Especially as almost one half of our HR department I know my manager will hate it. She'll be really happy for me but upset as well. I will be too, I'm not looking forward to leaving that place. At the moment my plan is to ask to come back part-time/casual when I'm ready! But that is in the distant future so who knows what will happen. I must stop being such a planner!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh how sweet of your hubby! Definitely a keeper :)

    I think when your time comes your employees will be very happy for you. I had only been in my job for 2 months when I fell pregnant and was so scared about telling them, but its ultimately good news and people can't help but be positive about it.

    ReplyDelete