Saturday, December 11, 2010

Migranes...ICKY

I swear I am so over my head wanting to kill me! I'm going to take matters into my own hands now though and get rid of the pill. The thought of doing that is kind of terrifying but one doctor suggested it's the fake hormones causing my head dramas so lets see if he's right!

It's finally starting to ease off but last night I was terrible. I always burst into tears when I'm in heaps of pain and poor Hubby has been waiting on me hand and foot since last night. I hate doing that to him and I really hate being confined to the couch or bed on the weekend. It's not fair losing half my weekend to a bloody migrane GRRR

As long as I feel better by tomorrow night I'll be ok, we're going out to Japanese (Perth readers I highly recommend you check out The Bonsai in Northbridge) and we've order my sister their cool puffer fish cake (not that I recommend their desserts! But the food is beyond yummy.) I couldn't get the picture on here but it can be seen on their website.

It'll be nice to have a semi-family dinner again but it'll probably be the start of no free nights until after Christmas for me and I'm not really looking forward to that :( I'm a big home-body but it's good for me to get out and about.

Today is also the day by best friend left for Burma and then France...so jealous of her but so happy for her as well. I sent her a text farewell (because we'd done the dinner, speech, hug thing nights before) and teased that there might be a new person waiting to meet her when she gets back. It was also the first time in awhile that we both said I love you to each other and not in the off-the-cuff comment way but the I really mean it way. It's nice to have friends to be able to say that to. I would do anything for that girl and I know she'd do the same for me.

3 comments:

  1. I have migraine medication that helps but I try not to use it so I have tried a few different things. One thing that gives me some relief is putting ice on my head (usually on the eye that the pain is behind). I don't do it very long because I don't want to hurt my eye but after I do that for a little while, I take a nap and usually feel a LOT better.

    Also, when I was on the birth control pill I had about 12 per month. I went off the pill and after a few months they started decreasing. I have been off for one year now and I probably get one or two a month now. Just be patient because it will take a while for your hormones to balance out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migranes suck, I had one that just wouldn't shift the other week so I understand your pain. That being said it's the first vie had since getting rid of the implanon and even on that compared to the pill I didn't get as many.
    Your friends trip sounds amazing, hope she has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Yeah I've started to use an ice pack and that does seem to help.

    ReplyDelete