Sunday, December 5, 2010

Forgotten decorations

I am ensuring that our first 'family' Christmas will be everything that I always wanted...even if Hubby is making me tone it down a bit. But that's what marriage is all about right - compromise! I've put some more photos of our tree (crap quality because it's my i-phone and I don't have the latest you beaut version), along with close ups of the hearts we got from the Danish rellies as a wedding gift.

Our tree with the hearts - still missing the decorations to each other.

One of the hearts - we need to fill them with candy.
The stocking Mum made me when I was little (I still swear my sister stole the red one but no one believes me!).
The tree and our gorgeous little balcony!
We finally managed to tidy the house today (goodbye to doing anything fun on Sunday!) and it just feels so much better. We've still got more boxes to unpack and Hubby's office is still a giant mess but we're getting there.

I really want to make a stocking for the Mr but I don't think it's going to be possible unless I get access to my MiL's sewing machine and I don't really want to spend that much time there! Oh well there's always next year.

It's funny thinking about the year ahead I'm of two minds about what to do. On one hand my best friend (and Maid of Honour) will be living in France next year and I'd be insane not to use that opportunity to go and visit her and finally go to Denmark. But on the other hand I'm still thinking I'd like to have a baby although that thought is getting put to the side more and more. My work just won a big contract which means I'll be SUPER busy until we take over in May and definitely don't want to be driving heaps and pulling over to throw up every five minutes (which if I take after Mum I definitely will be). But Hubby was very sweet and said which ever happens it will be AWESOME. I just kept getting reminded of the reasons why I married him this weekend which is always nice (in a non mushy way!).

So who knows where we will be this time next year but that's definitely half the fun so I'm just going to enjoy our awesome new place and look forward to Christmas. I guess that will be my New Year's resolution to stop focusing on the future and just have a damn good time enjoying the present!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a really good thing that you have lots of other plans besides getting pregnant. The more you focus on wanting a baby the harder it seems to be. Live your life and it will happen when it happens. (It's much easier for me to say this than live it though!)

    ReplyDelete