Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Deck the Halls

More festiveness (especially now that I've located my camera charger!). I'll let the photos speak for themselves...

Unfortunately our tree couldn't handle the weight
Luckily it can also hang! It's Georg Jensen (Danish designer) so Hubby gave it to me and we plan on making it a family heirloom...his idea - SO DAMN SWEET!
Something for the fluffy member of the family.
From a Christmas market in New York
My ornament to Hubby - our 'odd' tree topper


On Friday we'll be celebrating Hubby's Christmas and hopefully dancing around the Christmas tree (provided that doesn't bring on SiL's labour!). As much as I've had issues with his family this year I'm still really looking forward to it. We had a pre-Christmas dinner at my Mum's tonight because for the first time ever my little sister won't be here for Christmas (she's visiting with her Boy's family over East). I thought I'd be ok with that but this dinner made me realise I'm going to miss her. We get on so much better now that we don't live together. I can finally believe what people used to say when I was younger that when she finally grew up we'd get on a lot better, hurrah for that prediction coming true.
In non-related to Christmas news I got a pay rise and a bonus HURRAH! It still isn't much but it's more about knowing how much they not only appreciate my hard work but acknowledge it. I want to (or rather should) put the bonus into savings (aka Goal Bubba) but I have promised Hubby a trip over east next year and I think a visit to Quay might be on the cards. I still can't get that guava egg from Master Chef out of my mind!

We have also gained my other family dog as he's become to neurotic and THE DESTROYER at Mum's boyfriend's brand new house. He's our little Christmas project and luckily Loki loves having him around because by the sounds of things he may be becoming a permanent fixture. They're so funny together so Hubby and I don't mind in the slightest but I'm scared of what he'll do when he's left all alone! Mum's got him on prozac though so fingers crossed! The downstairs door already has gouge marks from when he first lived here with Mum.
Mid play-fight our puppy is looking at the camera (Loki), Riley is the more blurry one.

Only 2 more days of work and then a mini-break YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas decos look fab- love the heirloom idea. Very sweet and thoughtful.

    Great to hear you getting on better with your sister.. though its a shame you wont be together for Chrissy.

    Congrats on the pay rise! What a nice way to end 2010.

    ReplyDelete