Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day

So this was a holiday of firsts:

FIRST...time not living with Mum
FIRST...Christmas without my little sister
FIRST...husband and wife Christmas
FIRST...dance around the Christmas tree with our nephew (he clapped after every song and had the biggest grin on his face the whole time)
FIRST...dinner without other family members (just me, Hubby and the pets)
Here are some photos from our Christmas Eve celebrations (unfortunately we didn't get any photos from actual Christmas day):
Loki's antlers kept spinning around no matter what we did!
Hubby showing off the ginger bread man he got from our nephew (in background my MiL & SiL).
My gorgeous little nephew. When he realised I was taking a photo he posed perfectly!

I got very spoilt by the Hubby and my Mum (plus scored framing on our fingerprint tree from the wedding & a bali painting from the in-laws). Surprisingly got a very thoughtful present from my youngest SiL and her boyfriend. It's a cool lazy susan thing that has separate little bowls for dips etc... The only downside was they didn't think to put the snacks they gave us in the fridge; definitely don't want to risk eating those! But still very sweet as neither of them have a lot of money it was nice to get something so thoughtful.
Disappointed but not surprised over what we got from the evil SiL and brother-in-law...after her telling me they wanted to give us a joint present and individual (so that's what we bought them) there was no joint present and Hubby got a kick ass cologne and I got very cheap wine glasses - oh well. I swear she doesn't like me and pulls shit like that so that she doesn't look like she's being mean but she's knows that I know. Family is sometimes a pain-in-the-ass! Gift giving is so damn difficult with everyone having different incomes and different tastes next year we're definitely toning it down though especially if we're just living off the maternity leave the government has on offer!

(But on to less Grinchy things!) Hubby got me a gorgeous necklace from Michael Hill jewellers and many more Georg Jensen christmas decorations (he went a bit OTT with this but when he told me shipping was $70 I understood why). The sweetest thing I got from him though was a Christmas letter. I decided that as Mr and Mrs we should start the Christmas tradition of both writing letters. His almost made me cry on lots of occasions and it was only 2 paragraphs! One of the decorations he got he addressed to both of us and said it was for the baby (how sweet):

Mum gave me (as always) perfect presents including a recipe book holder, cute tops, a wrought iron heart shaped key holder and these awesome earrings (which I may or may not have picked out):

So I was a very spoilt girl this Christmas! What was everyone elses favourite presents?

In terms of Boxing Day it was my first time that we went out and braved the sales. I now realise why Mum never let me go before. It was insane, silly us bought pillows and a huge frame as our first purchase and then had to battle the crowds with huge bags - WHOOPS! 

I don't know if we got fantastic bargains but we did get some things we need: a TomTom, frames (for both wedding photos and some prints we bought off etsy), latex pillows and shorts for Hubby.

Now we're ending the day by watching Parks & Recreation (awesome) which I bought for Hubby as a Christmas present. Following that BEACH TIME yippee! Hope you're all having an amazing Christmas holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment