Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another Lost Weekend

So yesterday yet another day long headache ruined my Saturday. But at least I'm feeling good on the last day of the weekend. The air feels like it's going to be a hot day and my mind is filled with images of diving into the ocean and watching our little dog dig giant holes in the sand. Although most likely what would be happening is he'd be taking on a great dane. He really has issues, I think part of it stems from him thinking he's a big dog (on the inside) and the other is that he always wants to protect us. No other animal or dog (or even ourselves!) are allowed cuddles if he's around, he's such a jealous little thing.

The beach will have to wait until the afternoon though, Hubby is disappearing somewhere to buy me a Christmas present and I'm doing the fun ol' Sunday clean. Yesterday even with my head pounding we managed to finish our Christmas shopping, last minute gifts had to be bought for people we thought we wouldn't be catching up with. So now Christmas shopping is done and dusted and I'm just crossing my fingers that all of the boys presents arrive on time but I'm not getting my hopes up :( It'll suck just having to give him an envelope with a photo of the present because one of the presents I got him is AWESOME and I know he'll love it.

We've even started receiving Christmas cards, all addressed to Mr & Mrs which is cool. I think we'll start doing cards next year. This year has just been too hectic and I want to make the cards into photo cards as well. And who knows maybe next year we can have a new addition on there (although if that's the case I doubt the cards will get done!). I just love anything like that be it invitations to thank you notes and I miss having something to design them for. All the big birthdays are over and done with as is the engagement and wedding. Next up of course will be the baby but as I mentioned I doubt I'll be in the right frame of mind for that. Oh well we've got a few fixer-upper things to do at home so hopefully that'll fill the void for awhile.

I can't wait for Christmas! I feel like a little kid about it this year and I'm really looking forward to giving everyone their presents, eating lots and laying off the booze! I've already told my friend I'm not drinking at New Year's and the obligatory pregnant question arose...not sure how I'll dodge that at the Hubby's Christmas because I always drink (a lot) but we'll just deal with it if it comes up.

I hope everyone else is getting ready for copious amounts of festive cheer! If I don't post before the holidays 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment