Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chicken Tonight

I'm trying out being a Domestic Goddess today ha-ha. Finally (almost) made a bedroom clean and tidy and now I'm pottering around the good ol' internet trying to find a yummy dish to cook with the chicken thighs I pulled out of the freezer.

I've decided I'm going to make cornbread as well seeing as the Butter Milk I bought is no doubt due to go off soon. Don't you hate when you buy heaps of yummy things to use in all these 'planned' dishes during the week and it never winds up happening. I guess I blame that on full-time work and just being exhausted after it. Especially with this past week which has been insane!

Today was the sister-in-law's birthday and we finally got her the pair of gold sneakers she wanted only to find out she bought a pair on ebay yesterday! Damn it don't buy stuff so close to your birthday people...oh well she was happy with the second-hand i-Pod at least. Not that we could compare with the $300 Mimco bracelet the her brother & sister-in-law (the one I'm not so keen on) got her. I'm sucky when it comes to presents with their family some how everyone always gives great presents to everyone but me and the Hubby. I joked with him today that we must be the least liked haha I think it's been 2 years in a row that I haven't received anything. Which wouldn't bother me (I'm not a gimme-gimme person) except that I wish I was on level footing with the brother's wife seeing as we're both in-laws. Oh well I just have to build a bridge and get over that...unfortunately it's a lot easier to say than do.

In other news, I miss my Husband! I forgot how much study time uni took up but at least when I did it I actually stayed home. He's always at uni (even now) and I'm starting to feel a bit lonely. But in the end it is all for the best! Poor thing keeps getting rejected for vac work programs though which I know is really getting him down. But with the amount of people applying and the fact that he doesn't have a super duper course average something yucky in my tummy is telling me he won't be getting work over the long summer break :( I just hope he does for his sake, I know it's getting to him but he'd never let on and he'll just feel so down.

Random side note: a dove has taken to eating the dog biscuits we leave outside and I think our dog is ok with that! He's now sitting at the open door and just watching he bird...too damn cute!

2 comments:

  1. That is disaapointing about your dinner, i hate paying good money for a so so meal.

    That is so cute with your dog! What type of dog do you have? I have two staffys who watch the willy wag tails on the lawn. They dont seem phased by them at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I was refering to your recent post about your Dinner, confusing!

    ReplyDelete