Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On the Side

I would love to dedicate part of this blog to tattoos...I guess if I ever get a big enough following I could do just that but for now I want to show off my Ganesh:

I got this tattoo done at Cyclops Tattoo studio in San Francisco by the amazing Sweet Cicely Daniher.

It was based off this image I found along with some specific changes I wanted.
The changes I made included:
  • Getting rid of the body (ha-ha that sounds so mobster) - I didn't want something overtly religious especially because I'm agnostic
  • Changing the symbol on the forehead to a heart - what can I say I'm a girly girl!
  • Inserting star signs down his trunk to symbolise my family - I also like this because then I can add to it when I have children, the annoying thing is my dad was born on the Pisces Aquarius cusp so he scored 2 signs! The bonus both Hubby and Mum are Aries'.
  • The colours I pretty much left up to SCD to decide on because I knew she'd know what looked best on my skin tone etc...
It was a funny experience especially after my first tattoo which without my knowledge was done by a complete newbie (will never go back there for a tattoo, done by a reputable shop in Perth as well!). So when my back started spasming I completely freaked out that I was going to have a 4 year old's scribbles on my back. Credit to SCD though she just breezed through it and it was done in a little over half an hour (my tiny A - first tattoo took that long!). From then on I've been sold and I crave lots more much to Mum's despair. Hubby loves them though and seeing as he's always the one having to look at them that's all that matters :)

3 comments:

  1. glad you are still loving your tatts!
    Im in the painful and expensive process of getting two of mine removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, yeah that's something I always make sure I have in the back of my mind when I get them. I'm trying to talk my little sister out of getting a paw print on her wrist :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ganesh, mostly because he is the remover of obstacles.
    I'd like to get some more work done to my first tattoo, sometimes I regret my second one but not enough to get it removed.

    @ Desert darling, sucks that it hurts to remove them its a shame you don't still love them.

    ReplyDelete