Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Sunday Post

I always find myself posting on a Sunday. I guess as the day winds down I feel like putting fingers to keys and purging my soul.

Not a lot happened this sunny Father's Day. We had a breakfast with my father-in-law which was great because the SiL (wife of Hubby's brother) wasn't there and I felt like I could just relax. Next weekend will be full on dealing with them because it's our nephew's second birthday but that'll be fine. I'll just drink coffee and take lots of photos and enjoy the day! We got him 2 books and a plastic golf set so hopefully he enjoys all of that. It's hard buying for little kids, especially when they're no longer babies but they're not really 'kids' yet either.

We've been having lots more baby talks because we decided that we'd aim for a November/December 2011 baby. But knowing what babies are like re: arrivals that could be thrown way out of kilter. It's still nice to realise just how close my life-long dream is though. We're not sharing this with anyone though. We went out to a fantastic dinner last night (any Perth people check out Hippo Creek in Subi!) and one of my best uni friends asked if our baby plans had changed. I hope I kept a good poker face when I said 'No!'. I realise everyone is going to think it was an accident and some people will be openly upset about it but I also know that will change when they've had time for it all to sink in. The Hubby and I just really want him to have some time with our first born and figure that the break between finishing uni and starting a new job would be perfect.

I'd be less inclined to do it then if I knew he was the kind of guy who would want to go out and do all the partying the new graduates want to do. But we're both old fuddy-duddies and I know he would hate doing that. Plus he's sort of a mature age student (even if he's under 30) and those graduates would just be too young for him. Although in saying all of that I would still be fine if he went out a couple of nights for after work drinks. After all it's best to get the baby sitting started early especially while the grandparents still view it as a novelty ha-ha.

On a completely non-related baby note I've finally organised time with my little sister to go and get her tattoo. I'm going to get another one on my right foot with a phrase out of one of our wedding readings. It should be fun to share that with her although my Mum got a bit angry when I told her. At least her tattoo won't be visible except when she's wearing a bikini so Mum won't have it in her face constantly.

I'm also considering getting a rib piece with a line of script from our wedding and then things around it that were significant to that day: buttons, owl and pussy-cat, orchids, roses, danish and australian flags etc... But that tattoo will definitely have to wait until I have enough cash. Because we want to have a baby end of next year that's what the savings are going towards. It's funny how easy it is to talk myself out of a pair of shoes now when I think about what I'm saving towards...although not as easy to talk myself out of buying awesome mobiles off etsy! I love that website but it will be the death of my bank account.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead, I'm not looking forward to the mass amounts of job applications I will have on my phone and email tomorrow but them's the breaks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment