Sunday, August 8, 2010

And I took the road...


So we now have 3 cars at our house. The Hubby’s old car (with everything falling off it) is being sold to his uni buddy so soon there will only be 2 once again. But it means I have to go back to driving a manual because Hubby was silly enough to only get an automatic licence back in the day. Thankfully he’s going for his manual licence at the end of this month and I will get my beautiful car back then (fingers crossed he passes!).  I’m glad we’ve got this car though because finally we have a huge back to fit everything in. My car is so small that doing a big grocery shop involves utilising the back seat as well. Of course I will have to welcome back the Monster when Hubby finishes at uni (and starts work) because my car is not child friendly and shortly after Hubby’s started work I’m planning on popping out a baby.
But lately I’ve been of two minds about having a baby straight after he starts work. It would be nice to have 2 incomes coming in, even if it only was for a little while. But I really can’t see myself staying in my current job for that long. If I want to start a new job I wouldn’t view it as fair to leave within the year to have a baby! Because I definitely want a child in 2012 when I’m 26.
The Hubby mentioned that he can’t believe he’ll be turning 27 next year. It’s always weird when he says that because I forget that he isn’t the same age as my friends and I. The majority of my uni friends are dating guys with a bigger age difference though so I guess it’s nothing odd. I do find it odd though that he won’t be finished uni until he’s almost 28 EEEKKK! But that’s the way things had to happen or we would’ve been doing it tough in the future.
Sometimes I’d like to follow the road less travelled and not do everything correct and by the book but so far it’s worked for us and we have the rest of our lives to explore those other roads.

2 comments:

  1. Jess, don't worry much about age or doing "the right" thing. Just follow your heart, that everything turns out fine in the end!
    Good luck!
    Aline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish it was that simple, I guess when we're in a better financial situation I plan on doing just that :)

    Just frustrating and I feel like I've been waiting for years to be able to be impulsive!

    ReplyDelete